Filthcore queen Gretchen Felker-Martin returns to talk about unlikable female characters. What makes a woman unlikable? Why are we so quick to condemn female characters for minor flaws? Why does art hate ugly people so much? Why don’t we talk about male characters’ likability? And why on Earth do we think grown-ass women need role models?
- Gretchen’s Twitter
- Gretchen’s Patreon
- Female characters don’t have to be likable
- “Morbier” by R.S. Benedict
- A brief history of pubic hair in art
- ‘Better Call Saul’ gets the point of prestige TV
- Lady Gaga comes under fire over “pop stars don’t eat” comment
- Why do period product commercials use blue liquid?
- Henry Cavill’s mustache nearly became a $3 million problem for Paramount
- Would you want to be friends with Humbert Humbert? A Forum on Likability
About Rite Gud: R.S. Benedict is an author, appearing in Fantasy and Science Fiction and Gardner Dozois’ The Very Best of the Best: 35 Years of The Year’s Best Science Fiction. Matt Keeley, founder of Kittysneezes, is producing Rite Gud for KS Media, LLC. Rite Gud is a Kittysneezes production. If you have questions, comments and concerns, email ritegud – at – kittysneezes – dot – com. Rite Gud is also on Patreon, at patreon.com/ritegud. Patrons receive access to the official Kittysneezes Discord, exclusive episodes, critiques and more.