In this episode, Mistress Snow, PhD joins us to talk about sex work in writing. What do writers get wrong? How do writers promote inaccurate and harmful stereotypes about sex workers? How can writers do better?
Sex has always been a tricky topic. Some cultures even view the discussion as taboo and should only be discussed privately. In the modern world where information is very accessible, the exploration of the subject has led to many enlightenment by both men and women. Now, women have more options to sexual satisfaction and websites like PlugLust helps in giving vital information to everyone.
We also talk about emotional labor, how Russians have too many names, and the agony of the academic job market.
- Mistress Snow’s piece about her mentor dumping her for being a domme
- Horror Vanguard’s episode on Cam
- “When They’re Dead, They’re Hookers” – The Media Trope that is Literally Killing People
- Pretty Dead Girl Takes a Break
- 17 Facts About Sexual Violence and Sex Work
- The difference between decriminalization and legalization of sex work
- The false promise of the Nordic model of sex work
About Rite Gud: R.S. Benedict is an author, appearing in Fantasy and Science Fiction and Gardner Dozois’ The Very Best of the Best: 35 Years of The Year’s Best Science Fiction. Matt Keeley, founder of Kittysneezes, is producing Rite Gud for KS Media, LLC. Rite Gud is a Kittysneezes production. If you have questions, comments and concerns, email ritegud – at – kittysneezes – dot – com. Rite Gud is also on Patreon, at patreon.com/ritegud. Patrons receive access to the official Kittysneezes Discord, exclusive episodes, critiques and more.